UPDATE: 9/24 8:30pm Thanks to all for a beautiful day! We’re out on the green now watching Wall-E, relaxing after a long day of getting MOVING.
If you want to be part of the grassroots movement we’re building, be sure to get on our email list.
Send photos from Moving Planet events around CT today to [email protected], and watch flickr.com/photos/350ct/ as they come in. Show some love and make sure to Like our partners for the day. And check back here soon for our big 350 pictures on the green.
On September 24, 2011 join people from across the state and a fast-growing coalition of civic organizations, faith communities, non-profits and businesses as we converge on New Haven with one common goal: Moving Connecticut past fossil fuels toward a brighter future and a healthier planet. Many towns are hosting events in the morning, and then we’ll all come together on the New Haven Green at 4pm on 9/24 for a rally, critical mass bike ride, music, talkback with local/state political leaders, opportunities to get involved in your community, and an outdoor screening of the movie Wall-E!
This page should have all the information you need, but if you don’t find something check out our Frequently Asked Questions or get in touch directly. Want to help out? Here are 5 quick-and-dirty things you can do.
Here’s what you need to know for the day:
- How to get there: Come to New Haven on 9/24 by bike, bus, train or carpool. Post bike rides/carpools on our FB event.
- The schedule: 4pm Critical Mass bike ride leaving from the New Haven Green, 5pm Rally on the Green, 8pm Outdoor Screening of Wall-E on the Green. Don’t forget to check out all the events going on all morning and afternoon across the state.
- How to RSVP: RSVP on Facebook or on Moving-Planet.org, and while you’re at it give a Like to 350 Connecticut.
- What to bring: your family and friends, make posters about getting beyond fossil fuels, bring an umbrella and a rain jacket, bring money for dinner at local sustainable restaurants, and popcorn for the movie!
- What we need from you: spread the word about the movement we’re all a part of (here’s our flier and blast). Volunteer to help out and be entered to win a free 350 T-Shirt! Ask questions if something’s not clear, and get in touch if you’d like to volunteer, help organize, or sponsor the event.
Why Rally Together? Around the globe glaciers are melting, crops are failing, and extreme weather is becoming the norm. Moving Connecticut is part of 350.org’s “Moving Planet” global day of action, and together with others around the world we will show our leaders on 9/24 that our state is ready to leave dirty energy behind and make the rapid, responsible transition to clean energy that our world needs. 9/24 Moving CT is about showing our numbers, showing our resolve, and showing that we are already making a real difference with solutions like cycling and sustainable transportation, saving energy, community gardens and local farming, tree plantings, and faith-based stewardship.
That’s why we need you. This is the chance for our grassroots movement to make a bold statement — one that will make waves here in Connecticut and inspire millions around the world. We need you to join us and reach out to your friends and to organizations to tell them 9/24 is not-to-be-missed! 350 Connecticut is a grassroots all-volunteer organization, and whether you can spend 10 minutes or 10 hours, your time will make a difference. Get in touch here and let us know what time, talents or resources you have to help us build a better future for our planet and the people on it. Our leadership team is always growing!