Action Not Words!
- Stop the Killingly fracked gas power plant
- No more new fossil fuel plants
- End environmental racism
- Stop fracked gas pipeline expansionSaturday, February 27, Noon (snow date, Saturday, March 6) Hartford – Make your car a visual statement
- Feeder routes will join rally from New Haven and from Killingly, stopping in Ashford and Mansfield.
- Meet in the parking lot at 1 Linden Place, Hartford, 11:45 so we can start the caravan at noon.
- Some of us will be standing with signs and banners across from DEEP in Bushnell Park. Cyclists andpedestrians are welcome to join us there, wearing masks and maintaining a safe distance.
- We will drive several times past DEEP headquarters on Elm Street and around the Capitol buildingbefore heading to the Governor’s residence at 990 Prospect Ave, across from Elizabeth Park.
Join the Virtual Zoom Rally at 12:15 http://bit.ly/Killinglycaravan Rally will be interpreted in Spanish. El rally de Zoom será interpretado en español.
Geraldo Reyes – State Representative on Environment Committee; Mae Flexer – State Senator from Killingly; Earl McWilliams – Killingly residents, No More Dirty Power in Killingly; Leah Ralls – Willimantic NAACP; Mitch Kvedar – Sunrise CT; Martha Klein – CT Sierra Club volunteer; Ben Martin- 350CT; Speakers from Unidad Latina en Acción and New Haven Youth Climate movement.
Endorsed by: No More Dirty Power in Killingly; 350 Connecticut; Connecticut Climate Crisis Mobilization (C3M); Unidad Latina en Acción; Sunrise CT; Hampton Green Energy Committee; Pomfret Green Team; Quiet Corner Shouts; Eastern Connecticut Green Action;
Killingly Route: Meeting Time: 10:00 am
Meeting Place: River Trail Parking Area across from St. James School on Water St, Danielson
- Take Left Turn out of parking area onto Water St.
- Turn Right at traffic light onto Main St.
- Continue on Route 12 to Dayville Center traffic light
- Stay in right lane and Turn Left onto Route 101 West
- Proceed past Killingly Commons and stay on Route 101, which becomes Route 44 West in Pomfret
- Continue on Route 44 into Warrenville/Ashford. After traffic light, turn Left into Babcock Libraryparking lot
- Meet-Up Time: 10:30 am
- Turn Left out of parking lot onto Route 44 West for about 6 miles to Town of Mansfield
- At traffic light intersection with Route 195, Go Straight at light
- Meet-Up Time: 10:45 am at Family Dollar Store parking lot on Right
- Proceed to Hartford, 1 Linden Place parking lot.
XR Willimantic; Promoting Enduring Peace; Greater New
Haven Peace Council; New Haven Climate Movement; Sunrise New Haven; CT Peace and Solidarity Coalition;
Green Sanctuary and Environmental Justice Task Force of the Unitarian Society of New Haven
Meeting Time: 11:45 am
Meeting Place: 1 Linden Place parking lot, Hartford
For more information contact Kate: [email protected]; 860 604-4846