Join us again on February 4, 2019 for the Second Transit Equity Day
We choose February 4 as Transit Equity Day to honor Rosa Parks on her birthday. Her act of resistance by refusing to give up her seat on the bus in 1955 was a catalyst for the civil rights movement. It affirmed that everyone has the right to equal access to public transit.
- There will be a public forum later in February focused on transit & Rosa Parks, tied to Black History Month.
- On Feb 4th, there will be a “Sustainable Commuter Meet-up” (7am-9am) at Blue State Coffee on Main St, near the main bus stops. This is a periodic event organized by Transport Hartford, and on Feb 4th, they will focus the discussion on TED.
- Some folks may go early and distribute leaflets/info to workers/commuters as they wait for morning buses, and then join the meet-up at the coffee shop.
- People will gather at the transit center in Norwich at 11am, ride the bus roundtrip to New London, hopefully picking up additional supporters and public officials along the way.
- Return to Norwich for a press event around Noon.
New Haven :
- 350 CT is working with CT Transit to plan an event for Transit Equity Day on Feb 4th.